National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation: This Journal highlights on new concept of law i.e, Food Safety and Standards Regulation Authority of India(FSSAI) . The JFSSR invites scholars, professionals and practitioners to participate through research on food laws and the review paper , research paper , short article and book review and promote awareness across the globe .
The National Journal of Food Safety and Standards Regulation focused on historical and present status of Food Law. Various Central Acts like Prevention of Food Adulteration Act,1954; Fruit Products Order 1955; Meat Food Products Order,1973; Vegetable Oil Products (Control) Order, 1947; Edible Oils Packaging (Regulation)Order 1988; Solvent Extracted Oil, De- Oiled Meal and Edible Flour (Control) Order, 1967; Milk and Milk Products Order, 1992 etc. will be repealed after commencement of FSS Act, 2006.
The Act also aims to establish a single reference point for all matters relating to food safety and standards, by moving from multi- level, multi- departmental control to a single line of command. To this effect, the Act establishes an independent statutory Authority – the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India with head office at Delhi. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and the State Food Safety Authorities shall enforce various provisions of the Act.
- Framing of Regulations to lay down the Standards and guidelines in relation to articles of food and specifying appropriate system of enforcing various standards thus notified.
- Laying down mechanisms and guidelines for accreditation of certification bodies engaged in certification of food safety management system for food businesses.
- Laying down procedure and guidelines for accreditation of laboratories and notification of the accredited laboratories.
- To provide scientific advice and technical support to Central Government and State Governments in the matters of framing the policy and rules in areas which have a direct or indirect bearing on food safety and nutrition.
- Collect and collate data regarding food consumption, incidence and prevalence of biological risk, contaminants in food, residues of various contaminants in foods products, identification of emerging risks and introduction of rapid alert system.
- Creating an information network across the country so that the public, consumers, Panchayats etc. receive rapid, reliable and objective information about food safety and issues of concern.
- Provide training programmes for persons who are involved or intend to get involved in food businesses.
- Contribute to the development of international technical standards for food, sanitary and phyto-sanitary standards.
- Promote general awareness about food safety and food standards.
- Food Laws and Standards in India:
- Food Safety and Standards (FSS) Act, 2006, FSS Rules and Regulations, 2011.
- Agricultural Produce Act, 1937 (Grading and Marketing)
- Sugar (Control), Order,
- Export (Quality Control & Inspection), Act, 1963 and Rules
- Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Legal Metrology
- International Food Control Systems including CODEX
Join as Reviewer / Editor!
If you wish to join as Reviewer or Editor in this Journal, write to [email protected]
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE
If you would like to submit an article for this journal, write to [email protected]
Consortium eLearning Network Private Limited
STM Publication, a division of Consortium E-Learning Network Pvt. Ltd. (CELNET), is a publisher of more than 100 multidisciplinary peer reviewed journals in the areas of science, technology and medical.STM serves the worldwide academic communities and contributes to the progress and application of science, by delivering superior scientific publications and scientific information solution provider that enable advancement in scientific research.
More than 5000 professional editorial board members support our publishing activities, and 32000 authors already published with STM.Many of the journals that STM publishes are included in the leading abstracting and indexing databases, including Indian Science Abstracts (ISA), NISCAIR, CSIR, India the Chemical Abstracts Services (CAS), American Chemical Society (ACS), USA.
Request for Publisher's Catalog / List
If you would like to receive publisher's catalog, write to Customer Care at [email protected]